Re: [misc] Feedback

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 06:00:52AM +0300, Aleksei wrote:
> I have an appointment every week on Mo, We, Fr - it is currently set to repeat
> every 2 days and I have to copy-paste it and delete the old one at the end of
> every week.
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 09:10:43PM -0400, Donnie Dauphin wrote:
> > --For events that happen on the second Tuesday of every month, for example, I

I have been studying RFC 5545 (iCalendar) recurrence rules for some time and
have implemented the most interesting ones in calcurse. Both of your examples
are covered as are "every last Sunday in October" (end of summer time in
Europe), "the last weekday of every other month" and many more.

At the time there is no user interface so you have to know the extended data
file format and edit the apts file directly. The user interface is something of
a problem: calcurse has only two lines at the bottom of the screen for the
somewhat complicated user dialogue. Another possibility would be to use the
import command. That would require the user to write/supply a file in ical
format with the desired recurrence rule.

Lars Henriksen

Links