Re: [misc] Feedback

Lukas,

I like it as it is.  A couple of thoughts since you asked.

I'm not the best at reading through the literature so if I mention a missing
feature that is actually already there, sorry for my ignorance.

--How do I search?  Currently I use grep on ~/.calcurse/apts. This works
pretty good but some search feature in calcurse itself wouldn't be all bad.

--For events that happen on the second Tuesday of every month, for example, I
don't know how to enter them short of a bash script or just manually typing
them in. Someone shared a bash script with me for creating these appointments.

If your curious the way I use it now is pretty standard stuff with perhaps a
couple exceptions.
--A script texts (via email) my schedule each morning at 6:00. I fire this
script via a cronjob.
#!/bin/bash
cc_myvar=`/usr/local/bin/calcurse -r1 --format-apt='%S - %m\n'`
cc_size=${#cc_myvar}
#echo -e "$cc_size"
#echo -e "$cc_myvar"
if (( $cc_size > 2 ));
then
        echo -e "$cc_myvar" | mail -s "Reminders" 1111111111@xxxxxxxxxxx
fi
--calcurse sends me email notifications 15 minutes before my appointments
using its notification feature.
--I keep calcurse running on a server in a screen session. I am attached to it
most of the day in a 96 * 28 window in the upper right corner of my desktop.
--The ability to create notes attached to any appointment or task is AWESOME!
I use this feature a lot! It allows me editing via my default and and the
worlds best ever text editor VIM. :)

Thanks again for your hard work!

Donnie

Links