Re: [misc] Searching in calcurse UPDATE

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 05:02:33PM -0500, Donnie Dauphin wrote:
> I'm trying to learn how to search my calendar in calcurse. I have not found
> anything from within the calendar.  What I have found is:
>
> calcurse -Q --days 365 --search='Thanksgiving'
>
> So that works but I want to do case insensitive searches. The only thing I
> have found that works is:
>
> calcurse -Q --days 365 --search='[tT][hH][aA][nN][kK][sS]'
>
> A bit awkward for casual searching.  Am I missing something simpler?

You could use calcurse -G instead of -Q. That will give you the entire contents
of the data files on stdout. The query option -Q has a built in day range
(default "today") which can be modified with --from, --to and --days, but
there is no way to unset it completely. The formatting is nicer with -Q, but
you can make your own with -G and the --format-* options.

Lars Henriksen

Links