Re: [misc] documentation

Lukas—

Thanks, useful info!

I am using calcurse 4.3.0-64-gc496-dirty.

On 22 Oct 22:12 Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 10:41:38, Marco van Hulten wrote:
> > In another version, I get the expected online help page.  There
> > the program.
>
> That is because q is a generic key binding.

Right, but there is no 'q' description on the «Generic key bindings»
page.  Moreover, if I go to key config, there is «generic-save = s S ^S»
as well as «generic-quit = q Q».  So it's not clear to me what is
supposed to be a generic and a non-generic key binding.

> > topic does not exist: ...».
>
> That is because this help topic does not (yet) exist.
>
> > Besides this help, there are the manual page and the HTML
> > documentation, both on https://calcurse.org/support/ .  In neither
> > of those resources the generic command (:) is documented as far as
> > I can see.  The HTML page is more exhaustive than the manual page.
> > I presume that their contents are manually synchronised when there
> > is an update in one or the other.
>
> We try to keep them in sync but we could definitely do a better job
> here. Patches welcome!
>
> > Finally, I found the online help in the repository in doc/.  The
> > directories of different language code contain only English text,
> > e.g. «diff doc/pipe.txt doc/ru/pipe.txt» returns zero lines.  Is
> > this work to be done?
>
> Yes, only few help texts are translated so far.

Should these doc/??/*.txt translations be done through Transifex, or
can we just send translations to misc@?

It's good that we have a bit of an overview now on what can use some
work.

—Marco

Links