[announce] calcurse 3.0.0-rc1 released
- Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 17:08:00 +0200
- From: Lukas Fleischer <calcurse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [announce] calcurse 3.0.0-rc1 released
It would be great if we could get some testing feedback on this first
release candidate. At least Baptiste and me have been using -git on a
daily basis, so there shouldn't be any critical issues.
Note that you will need to run `calcurse-upgrade` after installation due
to changes in the configuration file format. It might be a good idea to
backup your configuration file (and the other data files, if you're
pedantic) before starting the conversion.
Major changes include:
* Full UTF-8 support.
* Much more powerful formatting options for printing items
non-interactive mode (check the "--format"* options in the man page).
* Support for vim-style count prefixes for displacement keys.
* Powerful duration strings: Allows using extended duration strings,
such as "+3:10" or "+3:10" or "+1d20h5m".
* A feature that allows you to pipe items to external commands.
* A more efficient approach to store notes (use hash-based file names).
* Several performance improvements.
* A test suite that can be used to test the core functionality of
You fetch the source tarball from . Please report any bugs to bugs at
calcurse dot org.