[announce] calcurse 2.9.0 released
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 00:15:22 +0200
- From: Lukas Fleischer <calcurse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [announce] calcurse 2.9.0 released
calcurse 2.9.0 has just been released! It is available from the download
section of our website .
- New features:
* Usage of short form dates such as "29/5/10" instead of "29/05/2010",
"23" for the 23rd of the currently selected month and year or "3/1"
for Mar 01 (or Jan 03, depending on the date format) of the
currently selected year.
* "backword-kill-word" line editing function.
* Automatically drop empty notes after editing.
* Documentation and man pages now are in AsciiDoc format which is
easier to maintain and can be translated to several formats such as
HTML, PDF, PostScript, EPUB, DocBook and much more.
* Manual and man pages contain updated links to our new website and
mailing lists, as well as instructions on how to use Transifex.
* Extensive code cleanups and improvements.
* Avoid a segfault when resizing the help window.
* Remove the lock file if calcurse died (fixes Debian Bug #575772,
thanks to Erik for submitting a patch).
* Parse appointment end times correctly if they date back (reported by
* Fix some compiler warnings.
* Russian translation provided by Aleksey Mechonoshin.
* Several translation updates.
Please report any bugs to the bugs mailing list at bugs at calcurse dot
org. misc at calcurse dot org should be used for general questions and
Many thanks to all who contributed and made this release possible!